Here are the top 10 things parents need to know to keep our schools COVID-safe.
- Safety is our top priority when schools start Aug. 2, Aug. 9 and Aug. 16. Check your school’s start date at: www.dallasisd.org/schoolcalendars.
- Masks are optional; however, we recommend face coverings for all.
- PPE, including masks and hand sanitizer, will be available at every campus.
- We will maintain 3 feet of social distancing (6 feet where appropriate).
- Handwashing is an important and recommended prevention strategy.
- Students and staff should self-check temperature each day and stay home when ill; no on-site temperature checks will be done.
- Vaccines will remain available for eligible staff and students.
- Enhanced cleaning and ventilation will continue, including weekly disinfecting of campuses.
- Rapid testing will continue to be offered for students and staff.
- Contact tracing for positive cases will continue, in collaboration with the Dallas County Health Department.*
*We will continue to follow updated safety guidelines based on the direction of the CDC and the Dallas County Health Department.