The 2018–2019 school year will start for students on Aug. 20, include a full week off for Thanksgiving, and end for students on May 29.
Trustees approved the 2018–2019 Dallas ISD calendar during their scheduled meeting on Dec. 14. The calendar incorporates feedback received from employees, parents, students and community members.
Important dates for the Dallas ISD calendar include:
- 171 student instructional days starting Aug. 20
- Teachers have 187 contract days, three Professional Development District Mandated Waiver days, seven professional development days, five teacher work days, and will receive one day credit for the two evenings of parent conferences
- Two fair days for all students: Elementary Fair Day is Friday, Oct. 12, and Secondary Fair Day is Friday, Oct. 19. Elementary Fair Day is a professional development day for secondary teachers, and Secondary Fair Day is a professional development day for elementary teachers, meaning students have off both days
- One week off for Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 19–23
- For Winter Break students are out Dec. 20–Jan. 8 and staff are out Dec. 21–Jan. 4
- Spring break, March 11–15
- Staff/student holidays on Sept. 3, Jan. 21, Feb. 18 and May 27
- Inclement weather makeup days on April 19 and 22
Trustees on Dec. 14 also approved the 2019–2020 school year calendar.
A pdf of the 2018–2019 approved school year calendar is available from www.dallasisd.org/calendars.