As the school year comes to a close, the Dallas Independent School District’s 2016 class of seniors are preparing to participate in a rite of passage celebrating their past accomplishments and propelling them into college and career—graduation.
As family and friends prepare to attend any of the district’s scheduled graduation ceremonies to support a 2016 grad, please review the guidelines below to ensure a memorable and dignified ceremony:
- The doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony.
- Every person including children must have a ticket.
- Saving seats is prohibited.
- The doors will close at the ceremony’s start at Ellis Davis Field House (ONLY).
- Late-comers will enter in increments of 20–30 and will be ushered to designated seating at Ellis Davis Field House (ONLY).
- The Dallas ISD graduation staff and/or police and security may refuse admission to (or may expel) guests for disruptive or disorderly conduct. The following items are prohibited:
- Noisemakers, air horns, balloons, silly string/confetti, laser pointers, weapons, back packs, oversized bags, food/drinks, tobacco products, e-cigarettes, flowers, signs, large banners, tripods and professional cameras.
Guest Exit and Meeting Graduates
- Guests will meet graduates at the entrance of the venue immediately after the ceremony. All graduates and guests are asked to leave the premises within thirty minutes after each ceremony.