Dallas ISD’s Risk Management Department is highly involved and supportive in keeping safety a top priority in the district. Each year, schools that demonstrate an overall commitment to safety beyond expectations receive the prestigious award as a “District Top 20 Safe School”.
The Dallas ISD Risk Management Safety Incentive Program recognizes the district’s top schools that prioritize safety throughout the school year by conducting in-house inspections, safety training, practicing emergency protocols, distributing safety material, and promoting safety in their day-to-day routine.
This year the top spot went to Henry B. Gonzalez Personalized Learning Academy, followed by John F. Peeler Elementary School. Both schools received the Eagle Safety Award to display at their campus. All of the top 20 campuses received a monetary incentive as well.
This year’s winners were announced during the Annual Campus Safety Coordinator Training in August 2021.
Congratulations to Dallas ISD’s Top 20 Safe Schools:
- Henry B. Gonzalez Personalized Learning Academy
- John F. Peeler Elementary
- Montessori Academy at Onesimo Hernandez
- School for the Talented and Gifted in Pleasant Grove
- Moises E. Molina High
- Eduardo Mata Montessori
- Nancy Jane Cochran Elementary
- Multiple Careers Magnet
- Auturo Salazar Elementary
- Adelfa Callejo Elementary
- Arlington Park Early Childhood Center
- Anne Frank Elementary
- Harry C. Withers Elementary
- Julius Dorsey Elementary
- Paul L. Dunbar Elementary
- N.W. Harllee Early Childhood Center
- James S. Hogg Elementary
- Maria Moreno Elementary
- H. Adamson High
- Dr. Wright Lassiter ECHS