The 2021-2022 school year has arrived and Dallas ISD Student Transportation Services will continue to provide exceptional service to the more than 50,000 students who ride school buses every day. We’re working to make sure their experience is safe and orderly.
Face masks are required for all students and staff in all district facilities, including buses. Given the large number of students expected to return, social distancing will not be possible on buses but the windows will be slightly open to provide additional ventilation.
Parents can take several precautions to ensure that their student is prepared for the daily bus ride, including the following:
- Confirm your child is eligible and register for student transportation at www.dallasisd.org/transportation.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time to complete the pre-boarding process.
- Make sure students arrive wearing a valid student ID and required face mask.
Student Transportation Services is making it easier for parents and students to receive transportation-related updates through several mobile applications, including:
- My Stop: Allows GPS tracking of school buses, so that students and parents can see their bus location and whether the bus is on time. The free mobile app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Bus Bulletin: Notifies families and staff members of bus delays, traffic jams, and other helpful information through text messages, emails, or phone calls. Parents can register for Bus Bulletin at www.busbulletin.com/parents.
- Let’s Talk: Designed for parents to send questions, comments or suggestions to Dallas ISD. The app can be accessed at www.dallasisd.org/letstalk.
For more information about Student Transportation Services, visit the website at www.dallasisd.org/transportation.