Dallas County Elections Administrator Michael Scarpello reminds eligible voters that Early voting for the Saturday, May 1, 2021 Joint Election begins Monday, April 19, 2021 and ends Tuesday, April 27, 2021.
For the Joint Election there will be 33 Cities and 14 School Districts with various races in the ballot. Visit www.dallascountyvotes to view a complete sample ballot.
Any Dallas County qualified voter for the Joint Election may vote in person at any of the fifty-eight (58) early voting locations on the dates and times indicated below. Voters must present an acceptable method of photo ID. ID requirements can be found at: https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/election-day-voting/what-do-i-need-in-order-to-vote/
Alternatively, voters who meet one of the qualifications below, can vote by mail.
- 65 years of age or older
- Out of the county during the entire election period including early voting in person (Must provide an out-of-county address and the date to begin and the ending date of receiving mail at this address. This application is only good for one election and runoff.)
- Confined in jail, but eligible to vote.
The deadline to apply for a ballot by mail is Tuesday, April 20, 2021, at 4:30 PM. Applications can be printed from – https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/absentee-voting/
To apply for a ballot by mail, applications can be sent through;
- Mail to Dallas County Elections Department or,
- Fax to (214) 819-6301, (Original must be received by the Elections Department, no later than four (4) business days after receiving the application)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Original must be received by the Elections Department, no later than four (4) business days after receiving the application)
To return a voted ballot, voters can use one of the methods below;
- Mail to Dallas County Elections Department or;
- Hand Deliver on Election Day to the Elections Department at 1520 Round Table Drive, Dallas, Texas 75247. When hand delivering your voted ballot, you must present an acceptable form of photo identification.