As Dallas ISD moves into the new school year, the Parent Service Department is excited to announce that effective Jan. 26, 2021, parents will be able to view and/or download the first Truancy Warning Notice through the Parent Resource Center. To access the Truancy Warning Notice, click here.
Education Code 25.087 requires school districts to notify a student’s parent if the student has unexcused absences for three days or parts of days within a four-week period.
It is the parent’s duty to:
- Monitor the student’s school attendance and require the student to attend school;
- Request a conference with the school officials to discuss the absences;
- Provide updated and accurate address and contact information;
- Monitor student attendance by way of PowerSchool Student Information System and or Student Attendance Report;
- Submit an excuse note for all unexcused absences.
To access the Parent Service Department website with FAQs and detailed information about attendance requirements and truancy, click here.
Parent Service Department want all parents to know it is never too late to work together to improve student attendance and reduce truancy.