Dallas ISD’s Racial Equity Office (REO) is currently seeking dedicated community members to serve on its advisory council. The group’s goal is to advise and support the work of the Racial Equity Office as it seeks to advance a culture of racial equity until race is no longer a predictor of student outcomes.
To date, each of the nine members of the Dallas ISD Board of Trustees have selected one at-large member to serve. The REO is seeking 13 additional community members to become part of this committee. Go here to signup.
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Advising and providing collaborative input to the REO on the creation, prioritization, implementation, and outcomes of the district’s racial socio-economic and educational equity policy.
- Foster shared accountability and learning to identify and effectively address systemic racial inequities in accordance with district policy.
- Provide input or reports and other related assessments received from the REO.
- Serve as a two-way conduit of information in support of Dallas ISD’s community engagement efforts.
- Make recommendations regarding data tools and communications created by the REO for broader public access.