A ceremony recognized the Dallas ISD volunteer and partnership coordinators who tirelessly work to support their campuses.
At the Dallas Music Hall at Fair Park on May 21, district leaders and the Dallas ISD Volunteer and Partnership Services Department celebrated the coordinators for their outstanding work. Credit Union of Texas sponsored the event.
“You ensure that all of our partners and volunteers feel valued and appreciated,” Dallas ISD Deputy Chief Academic Officer Shannon Trejo said. “It is no small task, and your efforts are greatly valued by the district and by the students who benefit from your work and commitment.”
The luncheon also named the following winners for the annual awards:
- Elementary Campus Partnership Coordinator of the Year: Linda Castillo, W.A. Blair Elementary School
- Secondary Campus Volunteer/Partnership Coordinator of the Year: Jody Martin, Bryan Adams High School
- Top Performer Partnership Coordinator of the Year: Kimberley Runnels, Cesar Chavez Elementary School
- Elementary Campus Volunteer Coordinator of the Year: Gregory Chapman, J.N. Ervin Elementary School
- Secondary Campus Volunteer Coordinator of the Year: Stephanie Funetes Ponce, Young Women’s STEAM Academy at Balch Springs Middle School
- Campus Volunteer Coordinator of the Year Peer Leadership Award: Tita Pasion, Robert T. Hill Middle School and Martha T. Reilly Elementary School
- Elementary Tutor Coordinator of the Year: Stephen Elmore, Alex Sanger Preparatory School