More than 300 employees assigned to campuses and departments across Dallas ISD are bidding friends and colleagues farewell this spring as they prepare to enter the next chapter in their lives. The 2019 group of retirees are leaving behind them more than 6,600 years of service to the district.
Among this year’s retirees are a number of longtime, valued employees, including these who have achieved 35 or more years of service:
- Skyline Special Education Teacher Katherine Woolridge with 41 years
- Lead Instructional Coach Sharon Washington with 40 years
- Gaston Middle School Custodian Chhad Vong with 35 years
- IDEA High School Assistant Principal Cynthia Thomas with 40 years
- North Dallas High School Cafeteria Supervisor Ruby Jackson with 35 years
- Special Education Coach Margaret Strauss with 44 years
- Executive Director Jo Anne Hughes with 38 years
- Enterprise Applications Manager Peggy Sullivan with 35 years
To these and all of our retiring friends and colleagues, we say congratulations, and thank you for your devoted service to the students and staff of Dallas ISD.