Parents, staff, students and community members are invited to review and comment on the district’s proposed student calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. To provide feedback or pose questions, go here to participate in a short calendar survey, available through March 15.
- Teachers report for work August 8.
- The first day of class for students is Monday, August 17.
- The last day for students is Thursday, May 27.
- Holidays include Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Nov. 23-27), winter break (Dec. 21-Jan. 5).
- M.L. King Day (Jan. 18), Presidents Day (Feb. 15), spring break (March 15-19), and Memorial Day.
- October 9 and 16 are non-school days for all students. Oct. 9 is state fair day for elementary students. October 16 is state fair day for secondary students.
- October 9 will serve as staff development day for secondary teachers. October 16 will serve as staff development day for elementary teachers.
- Two days in April (April 2 and 5) are designated bad weather make-up days.
- Students will attend school a total of 172 days
- Teachers will work a total of 185 days, including 9 staff development days and 5 preparation days.
Pending changes to the draft, trustees will consider the calendar for approval in April.