The Dallas ISD Board of Trustees on Aug. 23 unanimously approved up to $33.3 million in salary increases for eligible teachers, campus leaders and non-instructional staff.
The district is able to fund the salary increases after receiving higher-than-expected revenue from property taxes.
The salary increases will go toward:
Employees that are eligible for salary modification TEI/Teachers: $16.1 million (includes benefits)
- Eligible teachers at Progressing II and above based on their 2018-19 earned Effectiveness Level will receive the greater value of a 2-percent salary increase or any earned Effectiveness Level change
- Performance Based Retention Increase – removed due to minimum of 2-percent increases for eligible groups.
- A revised salary level for Progressing I from $51,000 to $52,000 to align with the Novice Teacher introductory rate
- Eligible High School ROTC instructors will receive a salary increase of 2 percent
- For teachers new to Dallas ISD, placement on the 2018-19 modified Teacher Introductory Compensation Schedule to ensure market competitiveness
- All teacher salary changes will be reflected in the October 2018 paycheck
Principals and Assistant Principals: $3.9 million (includes benefits)
- For eligible employees evaluated under the Principal and/or Assistant Principal Excellence Initiatives, the earned Effectiveness Level or the modified Effectiveness Levels based on market adjustment (if applicable)
- Implementation of an APEI and PEI salary schedule for Magnet schools
- All Principals/Assistant Principals will receive the new compensation in October 2018 check
All Eligible Non-Instructional, Operations, Counselors, Media Specialists, Central, Technical, Non- TEI Instructional Support and Support Staff: $13.3 million (includes benefits)
- For other eligible employees, the Board approved salary increase for 2018-2019 of 3 percent
- A revised hiring schedule for Media Specialist to align with updated Teacher Introductory Compensation Schedule
- A revised salary schedule for Police Officers and Telecommunicators to align with the 3% increase
- All Dallas ISD Transportation must be hired on or before August 23, 2018 to be eligible
- All other staff must be hired prior to December 31, 2017 to be eligible for the increase
- All eligible monthly staff in this category will receive the new compensation in September 15, 2018 paycheck
- All eligible bi-weekly staff in this category will receive the new compensation in September 21, 2018 paycheck