The STAAR test is this week, so here are few things parents can do to best set their students up for success.
- Download a copy of the District testing Schedule found at www.dallasisd.org/calendars to know when your children will be taking their STAAR tests.
- Ensure that your children have their uniforms or clothing and their school bags ready the night before to avoid being late to class.
- Encourage your children by telling them they will do well on the exam.
- Practice reading at home—at least 15 minutes every night.
- Children who are well-rested and have had a nutritious breakfast will be able to concentrate better, which will improve their self-confidence and allow them to complete the STAAR successfully.