Dallas ISD’s Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise department (M/WBE) is spearheading a free contractor networking event from 4 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017, at the Dallas County Schools Technology and Training Center, 5151 Samuell Blvd. The “In the Mix” networker is being held to promote strategic partnerships between general and subcontractors that can lead to opportunities to participate in the district’s $1.6 billion bond program.
M/WBE Program Manager Wilton Munnings said the event is aimed at expanding the number of firms participating in the bond program. “Our goal is to recruit and retain competitive minority and women- owned companies to participate in the renovation and expansion of our community’s schools,” he said. “We’re looking for all sizes of general contractors and subcontractors. The categories of services we need for this work range from drywall, painting, and plumbing to HVAC, electrical and concrete work.”
Information shared at the event will include:
- A list of upcoming bond program business opportunities
- A presentation on the services of the district’s M/WBE program
- A chance to meet and talk with the district’s Construction Services leadership and staff
- Introductions to event partners and trade associations: the Regional Black Contractors Association, Regional Hispanic Contractors Association, National Association of Minority Contractors, the Asian American Contractors Association of Texas and DFW Minority Supplier Development Council
- How to access bonding and surety support services provided by event partner SSP Consulting, L.C.
A flyer with details is available here. The networker is free and open to the contractor community. Pre-registration is requested via EventBrite at https://2017_network_mixer.eventbrite.com. Additional information is available from M/WBE Program Manager Wilton Munnings at email@example.com.