Nine Dallas ISD elementary schools were recognized for their participation in Medical City Children’s Hospital’s kids teaching kids 21-Day Challenge on Thursday, May 25.
Snacks were developed by high school culinary arts students. Schools were recognized by having the most participants in the challenge, which encouraged healthy eating and habits. Each day, students were asked to prepare and eat a healthy snack that contained a fruit or vegetable, either using recipes from the program’s book or other healthy options.
Members of the Dallas ISD Board of Trustees, Superintendent Michael Hinojosa and representatives from Medical City Children’s Hospital and Kroger, which helped sponsor the challenge, celebrated the program with school staff and students. The winners of this year’s challenge are:
• Overall winner (District 7, Trustee Audrey Pinkerton): James Bowie Elementary School
• District 1 (Trustee Edwin Flores): John J. Pershing Elementary School
• District 2 (Trustee Dustin Marshall): Lakewood Elementary School
• District 3 (Trustee Dan Micciche): Reinhardt Elementary School
• District 4 (Trustee Jaime Resendez): John W. Runyon Elementary School
• District 5 (Trustee Lew Blackburn): Harry Stone Montessori
• District 6 (Trustee Joyce Foreman): Adelle Turner Elementary School
• District 8 (Trustee Miguel Solis): Solar Preparatory STEAM School for Girls
• District 9 (Trustee Bernadette Nutall): Eduardo Mata Elementary School