The Gardere MLK Jr. Oratory Competition is designed to highlight the cultural diversity of the community while recognizing and encouraging the writing and presentation skills of Dallas ISD students.
The eight Dallas ISD finalists will compete in the finals on Friday, Jan. 13, at 11 a.m–12:30 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre downtown Dallas.
For those who can’t make it in person, the competition will be live streamed at https://livestream.com/accounts/2916881.
The finalists are:
- Lola West, K.B. Polk Center for the Academically Talented and Gifted
- Jace Roberson, J.P. Starks Math, Science & Technology Vanguard
- Ashley Patterson, Harry C. Withers Elementary
- Jordan Mays, T.L. Marsalis Elementary
- Asad King, William Brown Miller Elementary
- Sierra Jones, Charles Rice Learning Center
- Taneka Ervin, Clara Oliver Elementary
- Andrea Botho, Frederick Douglass Elementary