Dallas ISD announced today the 2016 Campus Teachers of the Year.
Each campus selected its Teacher of the Year based on demonstrated excellence in and out of the classroom. Go here to see the full list of Campus Teachers of the Year as of Nov. 3.
The campus Teachers of the Year exemplify the following traits:
- Leads students of all backgrounds to demonstrate learning.
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a culture of respect and success.
- Deliberately connects their classroom to the community and the community to the classroom.
- Engages in leadership opportunities that contribute to the work of the profession.
- Are poised and articulate communicators.
- Ably represent the District’s vision and goals at all times.
Dallas ISD will announce the 11 finalists for the districtwide Teacher of the Year at a celebration of all campus honorees next week. Finalists will be named in three categories: elementary, secondary and magnet/choice.