Graduating seniors are invited to apply for a pair of district scholarships during the month of February. High school counselors are now accepting applications for the Sulentic and Superintendent’s scholarships. Applications are online at http://www.dallasisd.org/Page/207.
The deadline to apply for four $10,000 scholarships funded by the Sulentic Family Foundation is Feb. 26, 2016.
To be eligible for the Sulentic scholarship, students must meet these requirements:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be accepted by one or more colleges or universities.
- May not be related to a Dallas ISD employee or any member of the district’s board of trustees.
- Submit an official transcript and two letters of recommendation.
- Complete the application and submit it along with the required essay.
A selection committee convened by Dallas ISD will award the scholarships. Winners will be notified by March 26, and scholarships will be awarded at the 2016 Superintendent’s Scholarship Reception on April 26, 2016. The scholarships will be paid to the recipients’ college or university upon documentation of their enrollment in at least nine credit hours at an accredited college, university, or community college. The scholarships are funded by a donation to the district from the Sulentic Family Foundation.
The Superintendent’s Scholarship is also available to graduating seniors. A scholarship committee at every district high school will select at least one senior to receive the $2500 Superintendent’s Scholarship. The deadline to apply for the Superintendent’s Scholarship is Feb. 22.
To be eligible to receive the Superintendent’s Scholarship, students must:
- Be a Dallas Independent School District graduating senior completing the Recommended or Distinguished Achievement High School Program.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a score of at least 850 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Mathematics) or a sum score of at least 23 on the ACT.
- Have applied to an accredited college, university, or community college.
- Have passed all sections of the state exit exam.
- Show evidence of good character and community service.
Questions should be directed to high school counselors. Recipients will be honored at the 2016 Superintendent’s Scholarship Reception in April.