This Week in Dallas ISD is a new Hub feature that previews upcoming events happening across the district.
Have something to add? Shoot an email to email@example.com.
Wednesday, Nov. 18
- Parkland is hosting a flu shot event for homeless Dallas ISD students. The event is scheduled for 6:45–8:15 a.m. at the John Leslie Patton Jr. Academic Center, 3313 S. Beckley Ave.
- A community meeting is planned to discuss proposed attendance boundary changes. Schools to be discussed include Ben Milam, Sam Houston, Esperanza “Hope” Medrano and Martin Luther King Jr., elementary schools. The event will be 6 to 7 p.m. at Ben Milam Elementary School, 4200 McKinney Ave.
- A Prep U event aimed at parents to help them talk to their child about proper use of social media. The event will be at Albert Sidney Johnston Elementary School, 2020 Mouser St.
Thursday, Nov. 19
- Woodrow Wilson alum Tim Brown, an inductee in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, will be honored by the Dallas Historical Society with one of its Awards for Excellence in Community Service. The event will be 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Fairmont Hotel, 1717 N. Akard St.
- Justin F. Kimball High School will host its Fall Festival Family Night. The free event will include food, prizes, games and performances. The event will be 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the school, 3606 S. Westmoreland Road.
- Bryan Adams High School’s Cougar Theatre’s musical production of “Night of The Living Dead opens Nov. 19. The musical is based on the classic film from George Romero and John Russo. The production starts at 7 p.m. in the school’s Bahs Auditorium, 2101 Millmar Drive.
Friday, Nov. 20
- The Empowered Men in Black will march against bullying at Billy Earl Dade Middle School. The event is in support of National Bullying Prevention Month. The event will be 9 to 11 a.m. at the school, 2727 Al Lipscomb Way.
Saturday, Nov. 21
- Trustee Lew Blackburn will host a District 5 Academic Pep Rally. This event will celebrate literacy and include various prizes and entertainment. Students should bring a book they are currently reading. The event will be 9 a.m. to noon at South Oak Cliff High School, 3601 S. Marsalis Ave.