The rainy weather we’re having Friday is expected to be gone by the time Halloween trick-or-treaters hit the streets Saturday evening. Along with the usual safety tips, be aware that the chance for slick streets, wet grass and standing water could add to hazards your little ghosts and goblins might encounter.
Safe Kids offers tips to help ensure a safe Halloween experience, including:
- Cross streets at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Adults should accompany children under 12
- Choose light-colored costumes if possible, and add reflective tape or stickers
- Use face paint and makeup when possible instead of masks, which can obstruct vision
- Have children carry glow sticks or flashlights to make them more visible to drivers
- Exercise extra caution when driving
Have a fun, safe Halloween!