The 2015–16 school year will start for students Aug. 24 and end June 2, 2016.
The calendar calls for teachers to report for the new school year on Thursday, Aug. 13. Other important dates of the approved calendar, which includes 175 days of instruction, include:
- Campus staff development: Aug. 17–21
- Labor Day: Sept. 7
- Fair Day: elementary – Oct. 9 and secondary – Oct. 16. Note: Two fair days are scheduled at the request of the State Fair of Texas to accommodate the district’s 160,000 students.
- First semester staff development days: Oct. 19 and Nov. 9
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 25 – 27
- Winter Break: Dec. 21– Jan. 1
- Second semester workday for campus staff: Jan. 4
- Second semester staff development days: Jan. 5, and half-day on Feb. 15
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday: Jan. 18
- Spring Break: March 14–18
- Inclement weather makeup days: March 25 and April 11
- Memorial Day: May 30
- Last day of school for students: June 2
- Half-day teacher workday: June 3
The calendar for students and staff is available online here.
The Dallas ISD Board of Trustees approved the 2015-2016 school year calendar during its regular meeting on Dec. 18.