Whether or not it truly takes a village to raise a child, the task is certainly helped by the efforts of thousands of volunteers and organizations that provide support to Dallas ISD schools.
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month, a time set aside to thank volunteers and recognize them for their service. Each year, volunteers, organizations and companies that go above and beyond are recognized with special awards. A reception was conducted on Thursday, April 23, to honor the top volunteers and partners.
This year’s honorees are:
• Susan Smith, Central Elementary School, Volunteer Impact Award for Student Support
• Jacque Rauschuber, Reinhardt Elementary School, Volunteer Impact Award for Classroom Support
• Danae Gutierrez, a volunteer at Cigarroa Elementary School, Volunteer Impact Award for School Support
• Capitol One Bank, Madison High School, Outstanding Business Partner
• Church of the Incarnation, North Dallas High School and Spence Middle School, Outstanding Faith-Based Partner
• Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Henderson Elementary School, Outstanding Organization Partner
• St. Luke Community United Methodist Church, Lincoln and Madison feeder patterns, Leading the Charge Award
• Dallas Theater Center, Project Discovery, Emmett J. Conrad Extra Mile Award
• Gardere Wynne Sewell, LLP, Martin Luther King Jr. Oratory Contest, Superintendent’s Award
After the reception, the winners were honored at the regular board meeting of the Board of Trustees on the same night.