Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 18, Dallas ISD will conduct a series of four Open Mike community meetings, all of which will feature presentations on an element of Destination 2020, the district’s action plan to graduate all students ready to enter college or a career by year 2020.
The first meeting, to be conducted at Seagoville High School, 15820 Seagoville Road, will feature a presentation on college- and career-readiness. Parents and community members may ask questions of the superintendent and other district leaders about the topic and other education-related issues.
Future meetings will feature presentations on plans to expand early childhood education, adding options for school choice and the elements of the Imagine 2020 strategic feeder pattern initiative. The full schedule of meetings — all of which are set to begin at 6 p.m. – is listed below.
- Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2014, at Seagoville High School 15920 Seagoville Road Seagoville 75253
- Topic: College and Careers
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015, at David Carter High School 1819 W. Wheatland Road Dallas 75232
- Topic: Early Childhood Education
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015 Hillcrest High School 9924 Hillcrest Road
- Topic: School Choice
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015 L.G. Pinkston High School 2200 Dennison St.
- Dallas 75212 Topic: Imagine 2020