During the July 23 called board meeting, the Dallas Independent School District’s Board of Trustees approved several changes to the 2020-21 school year calendar.
The approved changes to the calendar, which you can see here, are:
- The first day of school moves from Aug. 17 to Sept. 8.
- The last day of school moves from May 27, 2021, to June 18, 2021
- Previously planned holidays in October are removed due to the cancellation of the State Fair.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020, is added as a holiday.
- Grading periods are increased from six-week to nine-week periods.
The COVID-19 threat closer to the start of school will determine whether the district offers online learning only when school first starts or have the option of in-person or online learning. Safety reentry materials can be found at https://www.dallasisd.org/reentry.