Students and staff can celebrate National Library Week by checking out an ebook from the Dallas ISD electronic library.
Although students might not have access to physical books, they can still check out reading material on a smart phone, tablet or computer. A wide selection of ebooks is accessible through Dallas ISD’s electronic library and the local public library simply by downloading the Sora app, available for iOS and Android devices.
Dallas ISD staff also have access to the district’s library with their employee ID by downloading the app. Users can access to the public library, whether in Dallas or other cities, through the app with a current library card, which can be obtained electronically in most cities. Dallas ISD staff who don’t live in Dallas can get a temporary Dallas Public Library card online with their district ID.
- Download the Sora app
- If school is not listed, click on the link at the bottom and type it in or type in Dallas ISD (staff can type in Dallas ISD and not a specific school)
- Choose the selection that comes up
- Enter your information
- Students—student ID number as the username; the password is the last four digits.
- Staff—the employee ID number (with a leading 10 or 100 to make seven digits if necessary) for the username; the password is the last four digits.
- Repeat the process to find your public library and sign in with your library card information