The Dallas ISD STEM-Computer Science and Technology Department and Ann Richards Middle School hosted the VEX IQ MS State Robotics Championship on Feb. 29. At the VEX State Championships, the following schools advanced to the VEX Robotics World Championship being held in Kentucky.
- Winnetka Elementary School (two teams advancing)
- Casa View Elementary School
- Trinity Heights School for the Talented and Gifted
- Alex Sanger Preparatory
- Dallas Environmental Science Academy (two teams advancing)
- Robert T. Hill Middle School (two teams advancing)
- Gaston Middle School
- Skyline High School
Congratulations also go to Woodrow Wilson High School, Science and Engineering Magnet, Conrad High School, and Sunset High School for advancing to the FIRST (FTC) World Robotics Championship in Houston.
Competitive robotics helps increase student interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).