Dallas ISD is joining 1,025 school districts throughout Texas to celebrate January as School Board Recognition Month.
Serving as a link between the community and classroom, school board members are elected to serve as unpaid volunteers who establish the policies that provide the framework for Dallas ISD schools. This year’s theme for School Board Recognition Month is “Launching the Next Generation.”
Dallas ISD will be celebrating School Board Recognition Month throughout January. Join in by using the hashtag #SchoolBoardMonth on social media.
Learn more about Dallas ISD trustees on the district website here. The trustees are:
- President, Justin Henry, District 9 (South Dallas and parts of Downtown Dallas, Pleasant Grove, Deep Ellum, Uptown, and East Dallas)
- 1st Vice President, Dan Micciche, District 3 (Northeast Dallas)
- 2nd Vice President, Edwin Flores, District 1 (Northwest Dallas)
- Secretary, Karla Garcia, District 4 (Southeast Dallas, Seagoville and Balch Springs)
- Dustin Marshall, District 2 (North and Near East Dallas)
- Maxie Johnson, District 5 (Oak Lawn, West Dallas, Wilmer, Hutchins, and portions of East Oak Cliff)
- Joyce Foreman, District 6 (Southwest Dallas)
- Ben Mackey, District 7 (North Central Oak Cliff and parts of West Dallas)
- Miguel Solis, District 8 (Love Field, Northwest Dallas, Central Dallas)