Dallas ISD’s Attendance Improvement and Truancy Reduction celebrated Attendance Awareness Month with a contest.
The ”Show Up” campaign urged students to have no more than five absences each school year. The contest challenged schools to have the best overall attendance and have as many of their students have perfect attendance for the month of September.
Trustee Champion School Winners, which had the highest overall attendance, were:
- District 1: George B. Dealey Montessori Academy
- District 2: Henry W. Longfellow Career Exploration Academy
- District 3: Jack Lowe Sr. Elementary School
- District 4: School for the Talented and Gifted in Pleasant Grove
- District 5: School of Science and Engineering
- District 6: D.A. Hulcy STEAM Middle School
- District 7: Trinidad “Trini” Garza Early College High School
- District 8: Solar Prep School for Girls
- District 9: Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School