Eleven teachers are in the running for 2019-2020 Dallas ISD Teacher of the Year, six in the Elementary category and five in the Secondary category. The winner will be announced at a special reception on Jan. 22.
Each teacher was surprised with the good news and a bouquet of roses.
- Katie Benningfield, School for the Talented and Gifted in Pleasant Grove
- Saraid Driskell, Hall Elementary School
- Eric Hale, Burnet Elementary School
- Francheska Asberry Jackson, Marsalis Elementary School
- Mary Sly, Solar Preparatory School for Girls
- Courtney Johnson, Umphrey Lee Elementary School
- Becky Brown, Emmett Conrad High School
- Cherie Countryman, Booker T. Washington HSPVA
- John Fore, Young Women’s STEAM Academy at Balch Springs
- Caitlin Schmidt, J.L. Long Middle School
- Markita Tillman, Dade Middle School