Dallas ISD’s first-ever Middle School Cheer Camp saw more than 100 students from 10 middle schools show their spirit on Saturday, Sept. 7. In addition to learning stunts, cheers and pyramid training, the students gained confidence, leadership skills and team bonding.
The Middle School Cheer Camp was part of the district’s goal of getting more kids involved in extracurricular activities.
The schools that participated were:
- William Hawley Atwell Law Academy
- W.E. Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy
- D.A. Hulcy STEAM Middle School
- J.L. Long Middle School
- Thomas C. Marsh Preparatory Academy
- Francisco “Pancho” Medrano Middle School
- Piedmont G.L.O.B.A.L Academy
- Seagoville Middle School
- Alex W. Spence Talented/Gifted Academy
- Sam Tasby Middle School