Seventy graduating seniors at Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School celebrated their “signing day” by publicly announcing on stage what college or university they will attend in the fall.
Every student was accepted to a college or university. Other facts about the Class of 2017 include:
- The graduating seniors will be attending: 14 colleges out of state; 19 colleges in Texas; one student will enlist in the U.S. Navy.
- 100-percent of the seniors will graduate high school;
- The students have received offers of more than $9 million in academic and merit scholarships;
- Graduating seniors received acceptances from over 114 different colleges and Universities across 29 states;
- Some of the scholarships include:
- A 2017 Bezos Scholar
- A Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship recipient
- A National Buckeye Scholar
- A Tom Joyner full-ride scholarship recipient
- Two Dell Scholars
- 22 Pete Schenkel Scholarship recipients
At the end of the event, the seniors gathered on the stage for a photo, the recitation of the school creed and a confetti finale. This is the ninth graduating class of the Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, a member of the Young Women’s Preparatory Network.