More than 100 eleventh-graders who are pursuing an English endorsement got an inside look at possible future careers at a career panel held at Southern Methodist University.
The Dallas ISD Reading Language Arts Department hosted the career panel that featured six notable professionals in the Dallas area.
“This was a valuable opportunity because the students got to ask questions and learn from these accomplished professionals about these different types of jobs,” Dallas ISD Assistant Superintendent Vince Reyes said.
The professionals on the panel were:
- Alex Bolton, an attorney with Duffee + Eitzen, L.L.P.
- Julia Bunch, a reporter with Bisnow
- Ima Cole, an executive consultant with The Raisa Agency
- Tawnell Hobbs, a reporter with The Wall Street Journal
- Monica Hernandez, a reporter with WFAA
- Pedro Silva, a sports anchor for Univision Dallas
The professionals started out by giving a brief background on their jobs, and then responded to students’ questions. The students asked the panelists about their favorite part of the job and how they got to where they are now in their career.
“We are very thankful to this busy, accomplished group of professionals who took the time to share real world advice and experiences with these students,” Reyes said.