In addition to Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week, May 2–6 is School Nutrition Week!
The week is a chance to celebrate those who help bring healthy, nutritious meals to Dallas ISD students.
To celebrate School Nutrition Week, here are a few fun facts to chew on about the great work happening in the Dallas ISD Child and Nutrition Services Department:
- The district has more than 1,300 food services cafeteria staff employees covering all Dallas ISD campuses;
- The district has approximately 200 Maria Luna Central Staff, including its warehouse, central kitchen employees, and LRE (Lunch Room Equipment);
- On average, the district serves 121,000 lunches per day. To date, the district have served more than 15.8 million lunch meals;
- On average, the district serves 98,000 breakfast meals per day. To date, the district has served more than 12.9 million lunch meals;
- To date, the district has served more than 1 million supper meals.