Updated May 3: The deadline for students to register for the nation’s first ever public school Futsal Tournament has been extended to May 6! Click here for the online team form or go to: http://goo.gl/forms/FzcXy4B41e (must be on your Dallas ISD Google Account; use your EAD username and password) Go here to see a video about Futsal.
The Health & Physical Education Department is pleased to announce the nation’s first ever public school Futsal Tournament to be held in Dallas ISD!
Futsal is similar to indoor soccer, but involves only five players at a time. (Go here to see what the game looks like). The ball is smaller, heavier, and has a reduced bounce, forcing players to rely on ball control and foot skills. As a small sided game, players touch the ball 12 times more on average, relying on quick passes, tactical awareness, and speed. Come be a part of the fastest growing sport to hit North America!
The Dallas ISD Health & Physical Education Department needs your help in forming school teams for the tournament: the team form link is below. The tournament, scheduled for Friday May 20–21, is fast approaching, so you need to act quickly! The Health & PE Department will take care of all the logistics, including bus transportation. Additional details are as follows:
- The tournament is at Skyline High School, May 20–21
- Tournament play will start May 20 at 6 p.m.
- Games will continue on May 21 at 7 a.m.
- The tournament is open to fourth-graders, sixth-graders, and high school students (mixed 9th-12th graders)
- 12 teams for each grade level (first come, first served – per the Google form below)
- 8-12 players per team (all teams must be co-ed)
- Free soccer jerseys provided for each player
- Pool Play Tournament style games
- Futsal balls will be given to each participating campus’ PE program
Teams must be formed and submitted via the online team form by Wednesday, May 4 at 5 p.m.
Please be on the lookout for more information to follow, including training opportunities and resources.
Start forming your teams and sign up NOW!