Work performed by volunteers and resources provided by partnerships help Dallas ISD schools do more for their students. The job of securing and managing those efforts often falls on a staff member whose duties include serving as volunteer/partnership coordinator. On Thursday, April 21, those coordinators were honored and recognized for the jobs they do.
Dallas ISD’s Volunteer and Partnership Services also highlighted the coordinators who have gone above and beyond in their roles. Honorees were:
- Gold Award: Sonya Cameron, Roosevelt High School
- Rising Star Award: Micaela Gomez, Cigarroa Elementary; Michelle Lewis, E.D. Walker Middle; Lisa Smith, W.T. White High School; Cecilia Martinez, Harrell Budd Elementary; Cynthia McElroy, Seagoville Elementary; Elizabeth Quinones, Cowart/Salazar Elementary; Mercedes Esquivel, Thelma Richardson Elementary; and Angelica Castillo, Larry Smith Elementary
- Better Together Award: Sunset Feeder Pattern Coordinators
- Bright Ideas Award: Rita Trevino and Brenda Landeros, Rosemont Elementary
- Ambassador Award: Twymeika Hill-Jones, South Oak Cliff High School
- Culture in Action Award: Maria Garcia, Adamson High School
- Feeder Pattern Leadership Award: Rose Davidson, Jerry Junkins Elementary
- Epic Futures Award: Vallarie Luna, Emmett J. Conrad High School
- Book Buddies Builder Award: Janie Baker, Larry Smith Elementary
- Secondary Coordinator of the Year: Ellyn Favors, Billy Earl Dade Middle
- Elementary Coordinators of the Year: Mattie Pipkins, Dunbar Elementary; and Melissa Quirk, Anne Frank Elementary.