Community meetings this week will focus on future Dallas ISD facilities and programs identified as priorities by the Future Facilities Task Force. The meetings will seek input from the public as well as answer questions about the new Comprehensive Plan for Programs and Facilities and the search for a new superintendent.
Topics of discussion will include the expansion of prekindergarten and career-technical education, public school choice and identified improvements at facilities. The way to fund the facilities plan and initiatives will also be discussed.
The first meeting was Monday at South Oak Cliff High School. The remaining meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday, Aug. 18
- 6-7:30 p.m. at the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak St. (Districts 1 and 8)
- 6-7:30 p.m. at Roosevelt High School, 525 Bonnie View Road (District 5)
- 6:30-8 p.m. at Skyline High School, 7777 Forney Road (District 9)
Wednesday, Aug. 19
- 6-7:30 p.m. at the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce, 10707 Preston Road (Districts 1 and 2)
Thursday, Aug. 20
- 6-7:30 p.m. at L.G. Pinkston High School, 2200 Denison St. (District 5)
Learn more about the Future Facilities Task Force here.