Looking for ways to donate to friends and neighbors in your community? We’ve listed a few ways our students are helping those in need during the holiday season.
- Herbert Marcus Elementary is partnering with Mt. Pisgah to help 21 families with Thanksgiving and Christmas. Marcus will also receive assistance from Second Wind of Dallas in their efforts to provide a Christmas experience for families as well. For more information, call (972) 794-2900.
Shoes, Clothing and Toiletries
- Looking for ways that you can keep a child warm this Winter? Visit the Facebook page for Give A Kid A Coat and find out how you can help.
- Benjamin Franklin Middle School Sock Drive for the Homeless (Dec) and Jeans for Teens (Feb). In order to contribute a donation to either cause, call (972) 502-7117.
- Maple Lawn Elementary School is collecting 300 pairs of shoes for needy children through Dec 2. The effort is presented by Shoes the Fit from the DaVita Dialysis Center. To contribute a donation, please call (972) 925-2500.
- Herbert Marcus Elementary is partnering with St. Mattias for a coat drive for Marcus families for the holidays. To contribute a coat donation, please call (972) 794-2900.
- Booker T. Washington School for the Performing and Visual Arts is accepting new and unwrapped donations for several local help centers. For more information, please call (972) 925-1200.
- MCMC, or Multiple Careers Magnet Center, will once again build wooden rocking horses to be donated to a local charity. Read about their previous years efforts to the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas.
- Booker T. Washington School for the Performing and Visual Arts
Guatemalan “Worry Dolls.” These munecas quitapenas have been requested by BTWSPVA’s Bilingual Assistant Clinical Director for clients, as these small, brightly colored dolls give clients an opportunity to focus on letting the dolls take on the worries of the day. Worry Dolls are steeped in folklore and tradition, and clients have mentioned they would love to have one to carry around. More information on the tradition of Worry Dolls can be found here.
- KPMG will be donating 250 books and a book shelf to six Dallas ISD schools this month. In addition, KPMG will host a canned food drive on December 15 for donation to Dallas ISD’s Homeless Education department.
- Operation HomeFront: Provide a toy to children of a wounded service-member through Dec 13. Donations can be taken to Toys for Tots at the American Legion Post 453 in Dallas. For more information, call (214) 358-2934.
- H Adamson and the W.H. Adamson Alumni Association will host the Adamson Alumni Toy Drive from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, November 29 at El Corazon de Tejas. All are invited to bring a gift to be given to selected Adamson students and their families in mid-December. For the third year, the Adamson Alumni Association is partnering with the school and PTO to brighten the Christmas holidays for carefully selected area families in need. For more information, call (214) 815-9105.
- 1st Annual Margaret and Gilbert Herrera Student Intake Center Toy Drive: Help spread the holiday cheer this season by donating a new, unwrapped gifts for students and families served through the Student Intake Center. Your donation of a new, unwrapped gift can be dropped off at the Margaret and Gilbert Herrera Student Intake Center by December 16th. You can find the Margaret and Gilbert Herrera Student Intake Center located at 2617 North Henderson Ave. Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75206. If you have additional questions please call 972-749-5760
- Sierra Care is collecting donations to provide one million care packages for our friends in Seirra Leone, West Africa. For the past 10 years, your generosity has helped Sierra Care reach out to thousands of people in desperate situations around the world.
- Items needed for care packages: Disposable gloves, hand and chlorine sanitizers, hand soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hand towels, Advil, Aleve, or Tylenol, mult-vitamins and financial doantions.
- For additional information on how you can help contact Sierra Care, INC. 214-529-4712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for a wish list on what they need? You can find and Amazon Wish List here.