In the Dallas ISD distance learning model, students and parents can expect an established daily routine that will present both guided learning and independent learning opportunities. Guided learning will be presented through a variety of options such as:
- Teacher-directed lessons via video conferencing.
- Teacher-led small group instruction or individual support via video conferencing.
- Office hours or tutoring sessions via video conferencing or prerecorded instructional videos that provide direct teacher support for online learning.
Independent learning will be available through a variety of options, such as:
- Student participation in, completion and submission of online assignments.
- Individual work with specific software applications that focus on key content.
Commensurate with age-appropriate screen time interaction, students in Pre-K through 12th grade will have established periods of time built into the day for guided learning to occur. Independent learning opportunities will be directed by the teacher, based on the needs of the students for appropriate practice with content and demonstration of mastery for progress monitoring purposes.