Monday, Aug. 28 is the first day of classes for the 2017-2018 school year.
Each school day will have an additional 10 minutes during breakfast in the classroom. With the expanded day, the district will reach the state-mandated total minutes of instruction by June 1, the last day of classes.
- 171 days of instruction for students starting Monday, Aug. 28
- 10 teacher professional development/planning days, five preparation/work days and one day’s credit for teachers who attend both parent conference nights
- Two fair days for all students; elementary Fair Day, Friday, Oct. 13, and secondary Fair Day, Friday, Oct. 20; Elementary Fair Day is a professional development day for secondary teachers, and Secondary Fair Day is a professional development day for elementary teachers
- One week for Thanksgiving break, Nov. 20–24
- 11 days for winter break, Dec. 22–Jan. 5, with a teacher preparation day, Monday, Jan. 8, 2018
- Spring break is March 12-16, 2018
- Inclement weather make-up days, March 30 and June 4, 2018
- Staff/student holidays, Sept. 4, 2017, Jan. 15, 2018, and May 28, 2018