The STAAR test is next week, so here are few things parents can do to best set their students up for success.
- Download a copy of the District testing Schedule found at www.dallasisd.org/calendars to know when your children will be taking their STAAR tests.
- Ensure that your children have their uniforms or clothing and their school bags ready the night before to avoid being late to class.
- Encourage your children by telling them they will do well on the exam.
- Practice reading at home—at least 15 minutes every night.
- Children who are well-rested and have had a nutritious breakfast will be able to concentrate better, which will improve their self-confidence and allow them to complete the STAAR successfully.
March STAAR dates
Tuesday, March 28
• Grade 4 Writing
• Grade 7 Writing
• Grade 5 Mathematics
• Grade 8 Mathematics
• English I
Wednesday, March 29
• Grade 5 Reading
• Grade 8 Reading
Thursday, March 30
• English II