March is National Nutrition Month, a nutrition education and information campaign sponsored annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. National Nutrition Month focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here a few quick and easy ways to kick start your personal nutrition goals this March:
- Practice a vegan or vegetarian diet once per week;
- Drink water and plenty of it;
- Pack a healthy lunch and two snacks for mid-morning and mid-afternoon;
- Get moving. Trade in an email or phone call for a walk to someone’s office;
- Find ways to get active during your lunch. Take a walk around your office building or use the stairs instead of the elevator;
- An apple a day…you know the rest! Eat your fruits;
- Sleep! Studies show that quality sleep is essential to any health and nutrition effort so make sure you’re getting an adequate amount of rest to start your day refreshed and ready.