The Texas Association of School Boards has designated January school board recognition month. The purpose is to honor and thank the devoted volunteers who serve at the will of the public to set policy and make decisions that ensure schools are safe and productive for staff and students.
This year’s theme is: Super Heroes for Schools. Here are just a few of the ways schools can honor trustees for their tireless work on behalf of our schools:
- Create a short video filled with “Thank You” messages from teachers, students, and parents.
- Hang pictures and bios of trustees in a “Hall of Honor” in your school building.
- Ask students to create a top ten list of what they think a school board does. Create a poster with the responses and share with your trustee.
- Create a list of district accomplishments under your trustee’s leadership. Detail campus achievements, new schools, and other district honors.
- Place a message of thanks on the school’s marquee.
- Post a message of thanks on your school’s social media account.
- Create handmade cards and letters from students and staff thanking your trustee for their efforts in your school(s).
To learn more about the role of trustees and the individuals who serve on Dallas ISD Board of Trustees, go here.