Survey results for district’s 2016-17 calendar

0

Members of the public and district employees were invited to provide input on some of the elements of Dallas ISD’s 2016-2017 school calendar.

Through the calendar survey, the public and district employees weighed in on the winter break, bad weather make up days, and early release days. District administration incorporated the feedback from the more than 7,600 responders when creating the proposed calendar for next school year.

The calendar survey results included:

  • 52.99 percent of responders voted in favor of holding Winter Break from Dec. 23–Jan. 6; the other 47.01 percent of responders voted in favor of holding Winter Break from Dec. 19–Jan. 2;
  • 56.68 percent of responders voted in favor of holding inclement weather make days on April 14 and April 17; the other 43.32 percent of responders voted in favor of inclement weather make up days on May 30 and May 31;
  • 82 percent of responders voted in favor of adding three or four early release days to the calendar to provide time for teachers to review student performance data and focus on lesson planning; 17.95 percent of responders voted against the early release days.

The proposed calendar is scheduled for a vote by trustees at the Dec. 17 board meeting.

Share.

About Author