The road to stardom is set to begin for Dallas Independent School District students heading to San Antonio to audition for NBC’s reality television series America’s Got Talent.
The students, performing as the group Y.G.B. Artists, have been invited to showcase their talent for the show’s judges. The group, which includes a student from Forney, Texas, includes:
- Terrence Dean Jr. – W.E. Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy
- Harper Jones – W.E. Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy
- Erica Johnson – Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Jared Shears – David W. Carter High School
- Jada Thomas – Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Rachel Webb – Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- KirOndria Woods – William Hawley Atwell Law Academy
- Malik Woods – Forney Independent School District’s Forney High School
The students have participated in The Black Academy of Arts and Letters’ Summer Youth Arts Institute and its Summer Arts Intensive Education Training Program with the Masters. According to the academy, several of these students are also currently being seen by New York City-based talent agencies for roles in various Broadway productions, including the Tony Award winning productions Kinky Boots and Motown.