Check out The Hub Friday, Jan. 16 to watch fourth- and fifth-grade students deliver their inspirational essays live at the 23rd Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Oratory Competition. The event will be streamed on The Hub beginning at 11 a.m.
Eight finalists will present essays to a host of judges on what they believe Dr. King would say in his acceptance speech if he were alive today and won the Nobel Prize.
The finalists are:
- Kywin Brown, fourth grade, Wilmer-Hutchins Elementary
- Serenity Dugan, fourth grade, Thomas L. Marsalis Elementary
- Jalien Hedgeman, fifth grade, Clara Oliver Elementary
- Walker Homan, fifth grade, Harry C. Withers Elementary
- Etana King, fifth grade, John Neely Bryan Elementary
- Camilla Meza, fifth grade, Thomas Tolbert Elementary
- Hannah Wesley, fifth grade, Charles Rice Learning Center
- Aisha Young, fifth grade, William Brown Miller Elementary
The MLK Oratory Competition is sponsored by the Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP law firm.
Be prepared to be inspired.