This past weekend, 19 teams from Dallas ISD high schools participated in the Dallas ISD Regional Mock Trial Competition at the George Allen Courthouse. The students were excited to be part of an in-person competition, and you could sense the excitement inside the courtrooms.
Every team had the opportunity to compete for three rounds and the top eight schools advanced to the quarterfinals, which will be held this coming Thursday, January 27th.
The quarter finalist schools are:
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Visual and Performing Arts
- Bryan Adams High School
- Gilliam Collegiate Academy
- Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet
- Science and Engineering Magnet
- Skyline High School
- School for the Talented and Gifted
- Woodrow Wilson High School
In addition, two courtroom artists placed and will advance to state. They are Jordan Clark from Booker T. Washington High School, in 1st place, and Daanae Sobias from W.H. Adamson High School, in 2nd place.
Finals will be held on Saturday, Feb 5, 2022 at the George Allen Courthouse. Click on this link to view pictures from the competition.