Please note: Dallas ISD recently made it easier for staff and students to access Youtube for professional and academic purposes. Here is how to view the above Youtube video: Staff signed into YouTube with their Google login (district email and EAD password) will have unrestricted access to YouTube. Staff signed into Chrome browser or a Chrome device will not be required to enter credentials for YouTube again, but may need to click the sign in button in the top right corner of the YouTube page to gain unrestricted access.
Trustees in January approved the adoption of six new student achievement goals that Superintendent Michael Hinojosa says will be the catalyst that drives the district forward.
Trustees and Hinojosa developed the proposed achievement goals after reviewing district results and holding multiple workshops. Hinojosa said most of the proposed goals, which are also detailed in the above video, have key performance indicators.
The goals are:
- Goal 1: All students will exhibit Satisfactory or above performance on State assessments. Students below Satisfactory performance will demonstrate more than one year of academic growth;
- Goal 2: Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district;
- Goal 3: The achievement gap by race, ethnicity and social economic status will be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures;
- Goal 4: 95% of students will graduate. Of the graduates, 90% have qualifying scores for community college, college, military, or industry certification;
- Goal 5: 95% of entering kindergarten students are school-ready on a multidimensional assessment;
- Goal 6: All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity each year.