In order for students to qualify for Homebound Services, Students must be enrolled in Dallas ISD. The parent/guardian will need to complete the Homebound Application. All required documents must be completed prior to submitting the application.
Instructions for submitting the completed application:
- Submit completed application to email@example.com
- Schedule either a 504(General Education) or ARD(Special Services) meeting-whichever is appropriate per student status.
- Send a calendar invitation for the above referenced meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative from the Homebound Program will be assigned to attend the meeting.
- The committee will determine if homebound services are appropriate after confirming eligibility for services based on the TEA eligibility criteria listed below.
TEA Homebound Eligibility Criteria
- The student is expected to be confined at home or hospital bedside for a minimum of 4 weeks. The weeks need not be consecutive.
- The student is confined at home or hospital bedside for medical reasons only.
- The student’s medical condition is documented by a physician licensed to practice in the United States.
Instructional arrangements for Homebound Services include:
- Virtual Instruction (with a minimum of two 30 minute virtual student check-in sessions per week)
- Direct face-to-face instruction (a minimum of 4 hours per week)
- Hybrid solutions when necessary for severe or profound student circumstances.
Assigned Homebound Teachers will coordinate the services with the parent/guardian after the completion of the 504 or ARD meeting. Until services have been determined necessary and scheduled, it is the responsibility of the campus to coordinate assignments, grades, and attendance with the parent/guardian. The parent/guardian should immediately coordinate assignments, grades, and attendance with the student’s enrolled campus until a determination is made. For further information, please refer to the Homebound Campus Flyer and Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.